The San Jose Vet Center Is The #1 Vet Center In The Nation! Please click the link to learn more about the services they offer our vets. And learn more at the WELCOME HOME VETS page.
PLEASE HELP GIVE A LIFE BACK TO A VET!
There are so many ways for you to sponsor an event or the San Jose Vet Center (SJVC) itself, that we should just sit down and talk about seeing what is best for you. That could be:
- Sponsoring an event and being there to tell hundreds of people how you have been helping veterans.
- Providing a free venue for one of our events and again, being there to tell hundreds of people how you have been helping veterans.
OUTREACH / NETWORKING
- Chances are some of you employees either are, or know a Vet in their circle of family and friends. Every contact with your employees, reminding them of the Free, Confidential help available to Vets and even Active Duty military AND their family and caregivers, is a chance to significantly better their lives and that of those around them.
Please consider a Veteran’s Awareness Week. Let us give you business cards, holders and posters with our web contact and that of the San Jose Vet Center, for your bulletin boards; or any and every other way you can think of to help veterans come in from the mostly hidden pain they suffer every day and night. We will be happy to design and produce material for you.
- You or your department may be members of associations, schools, faith based or other organizations. You can invite us to speak at an event, or ask them to allow us to provide Veteran’s outreach material to them. We need every voice and heart, in order to help get the word out to every veteran from WWII to those returning today, that there is help to get back to living their healthiest, happiest, most productive life.
- Everywhere you have people dealing with the public, you could allow them to carry a few of our outreach cards in case they come in contact with a vet or their family member.
- We would be happy to supply your service counters with display cardholders and posters.
- Add your own ideas here!
Alberto Carillo is your contact. He can be reached at 1 (408) 385-5170, or fill out the email form so he can get in touch at your convenience. For general discussions, feel free to call the Know A Vet at (833) 566-9283 that’s (833) KnowAVet
Back to the top
EMPLOYMENT or INTERNSHIPS
Veterans with an Honorable Discharge have discipline, train fast and demonstrate an absolute attention to the details of their job! After all, if they make a mistake, they or a friend may die.
Civilian jobs and careers are usually not as critical, but Vets can’t help doing them as if they were.
Hiring Vets just makes good business sense. They are quick learners, used to working with high technology, take fewer sick days, know how to work well in groups as well as on their own, and are very comfortable with change.
Please coordinate with Juanita Morales, the director of the SJVC, at 408-993-0729, about filling full-time, part-time or even internship openings you may have for well-qualified vets in the San Jose area.
With 16 events a year, we need volunteers to help with;
- Traffic Control
- Data Entry
- Office assistance, from greeting to correspondence and follow up
- Outreach to Vets and/or Volunteers
- Just about any skill you are willing to share
SERVICES AND PHYSICAL DONATIONS
Vets returning from war need many things.
- Your department may have old laptops or computers or printers to be recycled or trashed. Vets would be extremely grateful for the ability to search job and training sites, health and support group websites as well as print résumés, in the privacy of their own home instead of the public library.
- You may have vehicles that your are retiring. An old vehicle to you is a dream come true to a returning vet.
- Perhaps you want to sponsor a departmental volunteer group (see the Volunteer section) and have The San Jose Vet Center as one of the causes your people choose to help.
- If your department has training programs with an empty seat or two, please contact us so that we might be able to offer it to a vet.
Talk directly to The San Jose Vet Center, about how you can make these kind of physical donations at 408-993-0729
Back to the top
With all of the events and services on this site, you can see that a lot of space and resources are needed. That will continue to grow as we develop more programs in support of veterans.
- Perhaps you have an extra storage area where we can store supplies between events.
- Perhaps you have vehicles, from golf carts to small trucks, that we can borrow for events (usually on weekends or Holidays), to move Vets from Parking lots, or transport equipment and supplies to venues.
- Perhaps you even have or know of a Venue with good parking, that you can get donated, or your department can sponsor, for a Friday through a Sunday event?
Alberto Carillo is your contact and can be reached at 1 (408) 385-5170, or fill out the email form so we can get in touch at your convenience. For general discussions, feel free to call Know A Vet at (833) 566-9283 that’s (833) KnowAVet.